莲山 课件 w w
w.5 Y k J.COm
A new smart city will soon be built in the middle of the Arizona Desert, thanks to Bill Gates’ Smart City Project.
What is a smart city?
A smart city is a city area and people there can use the latest technology to collect information and manage resources. People live a quality life. The environment there is clean and sustainable(可持续的).
Gates bought 25,000 acres(英亩) of land near Phoenix two years ago. He planned to build a smart city with the latest technology, high speed Internet, and large data centers, the city is named Belmont. It will become one of Arizona’s largest cities.
About 3,800 acres will be used for office and business space. About 470 acres will be used for public schools. Around 80,000 flats will be built.
The project says that about 182,000 people will live in Belmont in the future.
The project also introduces how cities of the future are run, so it is great.
Most people think it is the hardest project. Also, at present no one knows when it will begin, or how much they will spend. Gates hasn’t revealed(透露) any detail yet. But he has already spent more than $ 80 million on the project.
71. Bill Gates had a plan to build a new smart city ________ the Arizona Desert, and he ________ 25,000 acres of land near Phoenix two years ago.
72. A smart city can provide the latest technology for people to ________ and manage resources and should have a clean and sustainable ________.
73. The city Belmont will be built into a smart city ________ the latest technology and high speed Internet. The city will ________large data centers.
74. ________ the project, Belmont will have a ________ of about 182,000 in the future.
75. The project is considered to be the most ________, and now nobody knows ________ will be spent on it.
71.in the middle of；bought 短文第一句话和第四段第一句提示答案。
72. collect information; environment 短文第三段提示答案。
73. with; have 第四段第二句话提示答案，第一个空格用介词with表示“带有；具有”作定语；第二个空格根据介词with的意义，用have作谓语动词。
74. According to；population 根据文中The project says...可知用according to表示“根据；按照”；原文182,000 people提示用have a population of表示“有……人口”。
75. difficult; how much原文中的hardest，提示在most后用hard的同义词difficult构成多音节形容词的最高级形式；原文和下文的spend提示用how much表示“多少钱”，即投入多少。
There are many holidays and festivals in China. One of them is International Labor Day. It’s on May 1st. People enjoy a one-day holiday. They often go shopping or traveling.
The Dragon Boat Festival is on lunar May 5th. On this day, people have dragon boat races in many places and eat zongzi to remember Qu Yuan. People can enjoy a one-day holiday, too.
October 1st is National Day of the PRC. It is a very important holiday. All the people in the country celebrate the birthday of China on this day. In Beijing, Many people go to Tian’ Tian’anmen Square to watch the national flag rise.
FestivalDateActivitiesLabor DayOn 76 1st. Go shopping or 77 .Dragon 78 FestivalOn 79 May 5th.Have dragon boat racesNational DayOn October 1stWatch the national flag 80
76. May 【解析】根据第一段中的 “One of them is International Labor Day. It’s on May 1st.”，可知答案。
77. traveling/travelling 【解析】根据第一段最后一句“They often go shopping or traveling.”知道答案。
78. Boat 【解析】根据第二段第一句“The Dragon Boat Festival is on lunar May 5th.”知道答案。
79. lunar 【解析】根据第二段第一句“The Dragon Boat Festival is on lunar May 5th.”知道答案。
80. rise【解析】根据第三段最后一句“Many people go to Tian’anmen Square to watch the national flag rise. ”知道答案。
Lemons are a kind of fruit that you wouldn't normally sink your teeth into. But recently, many people have posted pictures and videos online of themselves eating lemons. Their facial
expressions look pretty funny while they're eating the sour fruit. However, they are not just doing
this for fun.They are taking part in an online charity(慈善)activity called the LemonFace Challenge, which aims to help people with a rare type of brain cancer. After posting their
“lemonface” pictures or videos, people then ask friends or relatives to do the same thing. The
people they choose can either eat lemons or donate money for the charity activity, as well as
invite more people to continue the challenge.
Charity challenges like this one have been very popular since the Ice Bucket Challenge in
2014. In this challenge, people poured buckets of icy water on themselves to experience how ALS
(渐冻症) patients feel. Many famous people, including Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, NBA star
LeBron James and Chinese stars like Zhang Ziyi and TFboys, took part in it. Former US President
Barack Obama chose to donate money instead of doing the challenge himself. It was a great
success, inspiring more popular challenges that came after. For example, No-makeup Selfies (素颜自拍), a challenge started by women in the US raises money for cancer charities, while Cat
Pawsitive encourages more people to take the homeless cats home.
71. Both ________ Challenge and _________ _________raise money for cancer charities.
72. In Ice Bucket Challenge, people __________ icy water on ___________.
73. Obama decided to _________ _________instead of trying Ice Bucket Challenge.
74. __________in the __________ started No-makeup Selfies.
75.The ___________cats can be taken home by people who take part in Cat Pawsitive.
71. LemonFace; No-makeup Selfies. 【解析】根据第一段第四句“They are taking part in an
online charity activity called the LemonFace Challenge, which aims to help people with a rare
type of brain cancer”可知第一个空填“LemonFace”；根据最后一段最后一句“For example,
No-makeup Selfies, a challenge started by women in the US raises money for cancer charities”可知第二个空填“No-makeup Selfies(素颜自拍)”。
72. poured themselves. 【解析】根据第二段第二句“In this challenge, people poured buckets
of icy water on themselves to experience how ALS patients feel.”可知填“poured themselves”。
73. donate money 【解析】根据第二段第四句“Barack Obama chose to donate money instead
of doing the challenge himself”可知：他选择捐款。故填donate money。
74. Women, US 【解析】根据第二段最后一句“a challenge started by women in the US ”可知填“Women, US”。
75. homeless 【解析】根据第二段最后一句“while CatPawsitive encourages more people to
take the homeless cats home.”可知填“homeless”。
Craig Kielburger was born in Canada on December 17th, 1982 and spent his childhood there. He often took part in sports, and he liked to help people. When Craig was twelve, he read a story in Toronto Star newspaper about a poor boy. The poor boy was killed because he fought for the rights of children. The poor boy was just twelve years old, too. After reading this article, Craig was so angry that he decided to help the children who should go to school instead of working in factories all day in some countries. So he gathered his friends and started a group the Twelve-Year-Olds. Soon many children joined them and they called the organization Free the Children. The organization has helped develop the education in Kenya, India, China and other countries. Today, they have built more than 700 schools and school rooms in these countries. They have also provided clean water, health care for more than one million people around the world.
Craig Kielburger and his organizationWhat’s the 71 of itFree the Childrenwhen he started isat the 72 of 12Why he started itread a 73 about a poor boy was killed
knew many children in some countries couldn’t go to schoolWhat it has donehelped develop the education in some countries
built 74 700 schools and school rooms
75 clean water and health care体裁记叙文
71. name【解析】根据原文中的“Soon many children joined them and they called the organization Free the Children.”可知：他们把这个组织命名为“解放儿童
”。故填名词name。the name of 意为“……的名字”。
72. age【解析】根据原文中的“When Craig was twelve, he read a story in Toronto Star newspaper about a poor boy.”以及“So he gathered his friends and started a group the Twelve-Year-Olds.”可知：他在12岁的时候开始创建的这个组织。固定用法：at the age of意为“在……岁时”。
73. story【解析】根据原文中的“When Craig was twelve, he read a story in Toronto Star newspaper about a poor boy. The poor boy was killed because he fought for the rights of children.”可知：他是在阅读到有关一个可怜的男孩被杀死的故事
74. over【解析】根据原文中的“Today, they have built more than 700 schools and school rooms in these countries.”可知答案。短语more than与over意思相同。
75. provided【解析】根据原文最后“They have also provided clean water, health care for more than one million people around the world”可知：他们也给世界各地的一百多万人提供清洁的水、健康护理。故答案为动词provided，意为“提供”。
Passage 2 (2018•辽宁盘锦)根据短文内容填表格，并将答案写在答题卡的相应位置。
In recent years, China has been making great progress in technology. A number of inventions have made our daily lives more convenient. Among them, four stand out. They are known as “four new great inventions“ of modern China.
High-speed trains China created its first high-speed railway line in 2008. Since then, the number of passenger trips has grown by over 30 percent every year. It is reported that high-speed train network(网) will connect 80 percent of major cities in China by 2020. China’s high-speed railway technology is also being used abroad. More and more high-speed railways are being set up in foreign countries like Turkey and Russia.
Mobile payment Mobile payment is turning China into a “cashless(无现金) society”. Customers now only need to pay for goods by typing a short password(密码) into contain app like Alipay(支付宝) on their mobile devices(设备). Users can also pay their bills through Alipay, such as their water and electricity bills. Alipay also allows users to buy things on international websites and apps.
Shared bikes China has surprised the world with how quickly it has spread the shared bikes. Users simply pick up or park a bike on the street through GPS and smartphone apps, China’s two leading bike-sharing companies, Mobike and Ofo, have been spreading their business to markets abroad. People are riding their bikes in Singapore, the UK and the United States.
Online shopping China has been the world’s largest and fastest-growing online shopping market. Online shopping now takes up 15.5 percent of total retail(零售) states in China. It also helped to create jobs of countryside areas. In 2016, online shopping created more than 20 million jobs in countryside areas.
China’s 66 High-speed trains It is reported that 80 percent of major cities in China will 67 by high-speed train network by 2020. China’s high-speed railway technology is also being used abroad.Mobile payment China is being turned into a “cashless society”. Customers only need to use mobile apps like Alipay 68 goods or pay water and electricity bills. 69 More and more people are enjoying them. Not only people in China but also people in Singapore and the US are using them now.Online shopping Chinese online shopping market is growing very fast. And it helped people from countryside to find 70 .
66. (Four) New Great Inventions./(four) new great inventions
67. be/have been connected/linked
68. to pay for/to buy
69. Shared bikes
Do you know about Wechat, Sina Weibo, Douyin and Kuaishou on social media(媒体)? How do you behave when you use these apps? Here are four popular online personality types（网络人格）
Geeks are active social media users, but they find it much more difficult to deal with the life in the real world. Most of them are boys who like playing computer games and making music and videos. In fact, they should avoid spending too much time on the Internet.
They might become well-known for their singing or dancing. But many of them, especially teenagers share almost every side of their lives in order to own more fans, Being a teenage Internet celebrity can sometimes cause problems in the real world.
Most teenagers fall into the third type --"lurkers", or people who are neither too active nor visible（看得见的）． They can't express themselves well but at least they make sure to protect their personal information.
Victims don’t have enough knowledge to keep themselves safe online. Their personal information can be made public and cause problems for them. To avoid being a victim, you should check your personal settings on social media. Don’t share your personal information.
The title: 81 Geeks ** The users are active on social media.
** They feel difficult to 82 the life in the real world.
** They’re interested in playing computer games and making music and videos.Internet celebrities** They might be famous for 83 .
** They like to share lives to have more fans.Lurkers** The people are neither too active nor visible.
** They have difficulties in 84 .Victims ** Victims can’t 85 online.
** They easily make their personal information public.
81.Popular Online Personality Types 归纳标题。根据短文第一段最后一句话“Here are four popular online personality types（网络人格）”可知本篇文章的题目应该是“网上受欢迎的人格”。
82.deal with 细节理解题。由but they find it much more difficult to deal with the life in the real world.可知，此处填deal with。
83.singing or dancing 细节理解题。由They might become well-known for their singing or dancing. 可知，他们因singing or dancing出名。
84.expressing themselves 细节理解题。由They can't express themselves well but at least they make sure to protect their personal information. 同时，have difficulties in doing sth. 因此填expressing themselves。
85.protect themselves 细节理解题。由Victims don’t have enough knowledge to keep themselves safe on line. 可知受害类的网民由于知识缺乏不能保证自己上网的安全
Different countries have different customs. When you travel to other countries, please respect(尊重) their customs, just as the saying goes: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
Very often people who travel to the United Sates forget to tip (付小费). It is usual to tip those who help carry your bags, taxi drivers and waiters. Waiters expect to get a 15% tip on the cost of your meal. So do the taxi drivers.
In England, make sure to stand in line even if there are only two of you. It’s important to admire lines there. It’s a good idea to talk about the weather. It’s a favorite subject of a conversation with the British.
In Spain (西班牙), people have dinner very late and restaurants do not generally open until after 9 pm. It’s a good idea to have a light meal in the afternoon if someone invites you for dinner. In this way, you may not feel too hungry at the table.
In Japan, people usually give personal or business cards to each other when they meet for the first time. When a person gives you a card, don’t put it into your pocket right away. The person expects you to read it.
A kind of body language is acceptable in one culture. Maybe it is impolite in another. So don’t forget to be careful of your body language to express something in conversation.
The title: 81 to international travelersCountries Customs
In AmericaIt’s usual to tip those who serve you. For example, taxi drivers expect to get a 82 tip on how much you spend.
83 It’s important to stand in line while waiting.
It’s a good idea to talk about the weather in conversation.
In SpainYou’d better have a light meal in the afternoon if you 84 for dinner. In this way, you may not feel too hungry at the table.In JapanWhen you receive a personal or business card, you are expected to 85
before putting it into your pocket.Conclusion (结论): When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
81. Rules/Instructions 82. 15% 83. In England 84. are invited 85. read it
A cup of tea is almost a symbol（象征）of British culture. British people were very interested in a hot drink, especially if it is served with some cakes or biscuits. Here are some facts about tea drinking habits in Britain.
There is no real tea time
All around the world, everyone thinks that British people drink tea every day at 5 o’clock in the afternoon. In fact, we drink tea at every hour of the day, from the minute we get up to the last thing before going to bed. Of course it’s possible that a British person will drink tea around the middle of the afternoon, but it’s also common to drink it with breakfast.
The perfect partner
Scones（司康饼）are a simple kind of cake, a little sweet and usually served with jam（果酱）and cream. They are excellent with tea. In the daily life, if you order a “cream tea” in Britain, you will get a teapot（茶壶）with a plate of scones.
Milk in tea
British people nearly always put milk in their tea. This seems strange to people from other European countries. They would rather drink their tea without adding anything to it. In Britain, people add a certain number of milk depending on taste, so the tea doesn’t look clear enough.
People are always surprised when I say that I prefer coffee to tea as a British person. Tea really is part of our culture, whether we like it or not!
The title: Some facts about 81 There is no real tea timeIn fact, British people drink tea 82 of the day.The perfect partnerScones are the perfect partner of tea because 83 .Milk in teaBritish people always drink tea with milk while other Europeans would rather drink their tea with 84 in it.Conclusion（结论）Tea really is part of 85 .
81. tea drinking habits in Britain 【解析】主旨大意题。这里要求填写的是文章的标题。根据原文第一段的最后一句“Here are some facts about tea drinking habits in Britain.”是文章的主旨句，可知答案。
82. every hour / any time【解析】根据原文第二段中的“In fact, we drink tea at every hour of the day, from the minute we get up to the last thing before going to bed.”可知：英国人喝茶时间不固定，从早晨起床到睡觉前的任何时间。
83. it’s a simple kind of (sweet) cake 【解析】根据原文第三段中的“Scones（司康饼）are a simple kind of cake, a little sweet and usually served with jam and cream. They are excellent with tea.”可知答案。
84. nothing【解析】根据原文第四段中的“This seems strange to people from other European countries. They would rather drink their tea without adding anything to it.”可知：欧洲一些其他国家和英国人喝茶不一样，他们喝茶里面什么也不加。
85. British culture/ English culture【解析】根据原文最后一段中的“Tea really is part of our culture, whether we like it or not!”可知：饮茶是英国文化的一部分。
There are many different festivals around the world. Usually we know about some traditional ones. But here are some special festivals in the world. Have you heard of them?
The Straw（稻草）Bear Festival
It is a traditional celebration in one small UK town. It runs for three days every year in January. The festival celebrates the beginning of the agricultural (耕种的)year. People there enjoy watching bears dance. A few men wear straw bear costumes (演出服)and dance for others.
The Cologne Carnival（狂欢节）
It is one of Europe’s biggest street festivals，it starts at 11：11 am on November 11 and lasts till February 14 next year. Local people call the time the "crazy" season. During the festival, people put on colorful clothes and play music to celebrate it in the street. The festival has gone on for 194 year. Each year，about 1.5 million people take part in it.
Day of the Dead
It is celebrated in Mexico every year between October 31 and November 2. it's not n scary day like its name，instead, it's a colorful holiday. People believe the spirits of their ancestors（祖先）will return to the world of the living on that day. They share food and drinks to keep the spirits alive and the spirits can be with them in this way.
The title： 81 82 ◆The festival is celebrated in a small UK town and runs for 3 days every year.
◆During the festival，a few men 83 as straw bears and dance for others.The Cologne Carnival◆It is one of the biggest street festivals and lasts from November to February next year.
◆The festival has a history of 84 .Day of the Dead◆It’s not a scary day but a colorful holiday.
◆People in Mexico believe 85 can be with them on that day.
81. The special festivals in the world. 【解析】根据短文第一段中的But here are some special festivals in the world.可知，这篇短文介绍的是世界上特殊的节日。
82. The Straw Bear Festival 【解析】根据表格右栏第一句The festival is celebrated in a small UK town可知，这里是短文第一个特殊的节日The Straw Bear Festival.
83. dress up 【解析】根据The Straw Bear Festival中的最后一句A few men wear straw bear costumes (演出服)and dance for others.可知，几个人装扮成稻草熊并为其他人跳舞。
84. 194 years【解析】根据“狂欢节”倒数第二句The festival has gone on for 194 year.可知，这个节日有194年的历史了。
85. the spirits of their ancestors 【解析】根据“亡灵节”中的最后两句People believe the spirits of their ancestors（祖先）will return to the world of the living on that day. They share food and drinks to keep the spirits alive and the spirits can be with them in this way.可知，墨西哥人相信他们祖先的灵魂那天会和他们在一起。
Nowadays life has become very busy, and you feel like your timetable is always different from your parents'. Maybe you're too shy to show your love to your parents by saying “I love you”. How about doing it quietly? Here's some advice.
Leave Notes (in Unusual Places)
Most of you have probably had little notes from your parents in your lunch bags. What about leaving a note for them in the fridge, on the computer screen? They’ll be happy to see it.
Give an Unexpected Gift
Have you got gifts from your parents on your birthday? Why not give them some special gifts without telling them first? An unexpected present is a moment of joy for the receiver and giver, and it doesn’t have to be anything expensive. Some of their favorite food, a book which you know they’ll enjoy, for a few dollars, you have the perfect way to say “I love you”.
Do the Housework
If your parents usually clean the kitchen, why not do it and surprise them? If you normally have to clean your bedroom, get it done without being asked. Find little ways to make your Parents’ day smoother and let them know they mean a lot to you.
Give a Shoulder or Foot Rub（按摩）
Everyone is under too much pressure. Perhaps your parents often have aches and pains because of work. A shoulder rub or a foot rub is a wonderful way to tell them "I love you".
The title How to_________81____________Leave NotesIf your parents find your notes to the fridge or on the _____82_____they’ll be happy.Give an Unexpected GiftYou’d better give your parents some gifts without telling them first.
You may give them special things _____83_____expensive things.Do the HouseworkYou can do the housework without being asked.
Find little ways to make your parents’ day smoother so that you can let them know they are _______84______to you.______85_______This may be a wonderful way to tell your parents “I love you”.
话题家庭关系词数22481.show your love
85.Give a Shoulder or Foot Rub
五、(2018•江苏徐州) 阅读填词（共 10 小题 ，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
(2018•江苏徐州) You may think that English dictionaries have been used for many, many centuries. The spelling of English has always been a problem, but it was more of a problem in the days before a dictionary. In those days people spelt words in different ways which you might find interesting. But it made reading English much more difficult. So dictionaries were invented to encourage everybody to spell the same. In fact, an English dictionary like the kind you use today wasn't made until the time of the Qing Dynasty.
The largest dictionary in the world is the Oxford English Dictionary, or OED for short. The idea for this dictionary came from an important meeting in Britain in 1857. Twenty-two years later, Oxford University asked James Murray to be the editor of its new dictionary.
Murray had not been to college. At the age of fourteen, he left his village school in Scotland and taught himself while working in a bank. Later he became a great teacher. After Oxford gave him the job, Murray had a place built in the garden behind his house to do his work. Part of it was one metre underground. In winter he had to wear a heavy coat and put his feet in a box to keep warm. Every morning, Murray got out of bed at five o'clock and worked several hours before breakfast. Often he would work by candle light into the evening.
Murray hoped to finish the new dictionary in ten years. But after five years, he was still adding words for the letter A! Then others went to work with Murray, and his two daughters were among them. He worked on the dictionary until he was very old. Forty-four years later, in 1928, other editors finished it. It had more than 15,000 words in twelve books. And you thought your English dictionary was big!
Notes on James Murray’s lifeMurray’s early life●Born in Scotland. He left school at 14 and became a 59 worker, later a great teacher.Murray’s work on OED● He became the editor of OED in the year 60 .
● His working 61 were bad:
— he worked in a part-underground place in the garden 62 his house
— in winter it was terribly cold there
— he often worked by candle light into the evening
● The time he spent on OED was much 63 than expected.
● Later others and his two daughters 64 him.Other information● OED was finished in the year 1928. It had over 15,000 65 in twelve books. It is the 66 dictionary in the world. Thanks to it, people can 67 in the same way.
● For Murray, working on a dictionary wasn’t only a 68 ; it was a wonderful journey.
59. bank 60.1879 61 conditions/environments/situations 62. behind 63. longer/more
64 joined/helped/supported 65. words 66. largest/biggest 67. spell 68. job/task/duty
When a thought has found words
Poetry(诗歌) is the forgotten child of literature. Few people read it for pleasure. In Western high schools, poetry is seldom taught because it is considered to be out of date and have little to do with the tile of today’s students.
In China, however, poetry is still an important part of the curriculum(课程). Recently, the Ministry of Education has increased the number of ancient Chinese poems for students to memorize and recite, from 14 to 72. Why is it important to learn poems?
First of all, poetry is a necessary part of learning traditional Chinese culture. It is a path to understand your history and your society. It is also the key to understanding the thoughts and feelings that are common to everyone but that we may be unable to express the joy of Li Bai dancing with the moon, for example. Everyone has feelings of joy, love, loneliness, sadness and even anger, and a good poem can put those feelings into words, and bring us self-understanding.
Poems can express beauty. In a few short lines, even something common can become beautiful. Here is a poem called “Fog” by Carl Sandberg: The fog comes/ on silent haunches(弓腰) / and then moves on. Yes, fog does move smoothly, silently and like a cat, and Sandberg catches that feeling and image(形象), and makes it beautiful.
Of course, to really enjoy poetry, it has to be read aloud. After all, a poem is really just a song without music. Most ancient poetry, like Homer’s Epics(《荷马史诗》) and China’s Book of Songs, was spoken for hundreds of years before it was written.
The American poet Robert Frost said, “Poetry is when an emotion has its thought and thought has found words. ” You are lucky that you now have seventy-two poems to learn!
Title: When a thought has found words Passage outline Detailed in formation In the West Most people think poetry is (36) from the life of today’s students. China’s recent action Students must memorize and recite more ancient Chinese poems. (37) for learning poetry ◇Learning poems helps you (38) history and society.
◇Poems help express your personal thoughts and feelings.
◇Poems can express beauty of (39) things with very few lines.A tip on enjoying poetry (40) aloud is the best way to enjoy poetry. In fact, many ancient poems were spoken before they were written.ConclusionChinese students should feel lucky to have 72 poems to learn!体裁说明文
36. different 第一段的句子because it is considered to be out of date and have little to do with … today’s students指出诗歌被认为过时了，并且与今天的学生生活无关，故填different。
37. Reasons 根据第三、四段的内容可以看出，该段主要讲述了学习诗歌的原因，故填Reasons。
38. understand 第三的句子It is a path to understand your history and your society指出学习诗歌是理解历史和社会的一个方法，故填understand。
39. common 文章第四段Poems can express beauty. In a few short lines, even something common can become beautiful.指出诗歌能够表达美，简短的几行文字就能够将普通的东西变得很美，故此处填common。
40. Reading 文章第五段Of course, to really enjoy poetry, it has to be read aloud.指出大声阅读诗歌是真正欣赏诗歌的方法，又充当句子的主语，应用动名词，故填Reading。
Artificial Intelligence（人工智能）or AI has been used in many different fields to perform certain tasks，including education，heavy industry，toys and games and so on.
There are a number of companies that create robots to teach subjects to children，ranging（范围 ）from biology to computer science. With the help of Al，MOOC，or Massive Open Online Course , allows students from around the world to take classes online. Though such tools have not become popular yet.
Robots have become common in many industries，and are often given jobs that are considered dangerous to humans. Repetitive（重复的）jobs may lead to mistakes or accidents while robots can be very helpful to avoid them.
Toys and Games
Companies like Mattel have been creating AI-enabled toys for young people, even for kids aged three.
Those toys are able to understand conversations，give smart answers and learn quickly. AI has also been used in video games, for example video game bots（视频游戏
机器人），which are designed（设计）to fight against you in the game.
AI Is of Great UseEducation«Companies create robots 77 subjects to children.
«MOOC allows students from around the world to take classes online. 76 «Robots are often given jobs that are considered 78 to humans.
«Robots can be very helpful to avoid mistakes or accidents.Toys and Games«Mattel has been creating AI-enabled toys for young people, even for 79 aged three.
«Those toys are able to understand conversations，give smart answers and learn 80 .
76. Heavy Industry
77. to teach/ that teach/ which teach
78. dangerous/ （not safe/ unsafe），
79. kids/a kid/ the kid
It was too late at night when an old man came to a small town. He found as small hotel and wanted to stay there for the night. After he went into his room, the owner said to his wife, “Look at his bag, there must be much money in it. Let’s take it away when he is asleep, shall we?”
“No, no.”said the woman,“He must look for his bag tomorrow morning. If he can’t find it, he’ll telephone the police.” They thought for a few minutes. Then the woman had an idea, “We have forgetful grass. Why not put some into his food? If he has the food, he will forget to take his bag away.” The old man had the food with the forgetful grass and went to bed. The next morning, when the owner got up, he found the door open, and the man had left with the bag. He was angry and woke his wife up, “What a fool! Your forgetful grass isn’t useful at all.”
“No, I don’t think so. He must forget something.”she said, “Oh! I remember now!”cried out the man suddenly, “He forgot to pay for the night.”
Fill in the blanks according to the passage. Only one word for each blank.
From the story we know the owner of the hotel wanted to 71 the old man’s bag when he slept. But his wife 72 with him, and she 73 up with a good idea that they put some forgetful grass into the food 74 that the old man would forget his bag. The forgetful grass worked. The old man really forgot something-he didn’t 75 to pay for the night.
71 72 73 74 75
71.steal 考察同义词。take it away拿走，steal偷走。
72.disagreed 考察同义句。“No, no.”女主人不同意，所以用disagree，时态是一般过去时，所以加d。
73.came 考察同义句。the woman had an idea这个女人有个主意。Have等于come up with .
74.so 考察连词。 so that 如此，以至于。
75.remember 考察反义词。He forgot to pay for the night.忘记付钱也就是不记得付钱。
Charles Dickens(狄更斯)was born in London in 1812. His family was rather poor. Two days after his 13th birthday. Dickens started working in a factory. In his life, he changed several jobs and met all kinds of people. Many of his novels were based on his past experiences. Dickens started writing novels in his early thirties and became successful almost immediately. Oliver Twist, his second novel, came out in 1838 and was very successful. It told a story of a young orphan(孤儿)in the dangerous streets of London. The story has a happy ending—the young boy finds his real parents and a loving home. Because of this novel, great attention was paid to poor children. Over the next 25 years, Dickens wrote many other popular novels which are still read today. His books are liked by both the American and the British.
Charles DickensTwo days 76 starting working in a factoryCelebrating his 13th birthdayHis past experiencesChanging 77 jobs and meeting all kinds of peopleOliver Twist—his second novelTelling a story of a young orphan in the 78 streets of LondonFrom 1838 to 1863Many other novels were 79 by Dickens.The people who like his booksThe people from America and 80 任务5：根据短文（C）内容完成表格，每空一词。
76. ________ 77. _________ 78. __________ 79. _________ 80. _________
76. before 【解析】细节理解题。Two days after his 13th birthday. Dickens started working in a factory.根据问题，应该是在工厂工作两天前，度过了13岁生日。
73. Several 【解析】细节理解题。 In his life, he changed several jobs and met all kinds of people.
74. Dangerous 【解析】细节理解题。Oliver Twist, his second novel, came out in 1838 and was very successful. It told a story of a young orphan(孤儿)in the dangerous streets of London.
75. written 【解析】细节理解题.。注意主动语态与被动语态的转化。Over the next 25 years, Dickens wrote many other popular novels which are still read today.
80. Britain 【解析】细节理解题。His books are liked by both the American and the British.注意题中问的是国家，故填Britain。
Drug (毒品) use in Britain has increased by 30% in the last five years. Use of hard drugs, for example, cocaine (可卡因) and crack cocaine, is increasing as a result of these drugs becoming cheaper and easier to buy.
Young people in Britain are more likely than other Europeans to take illegal (非法的) drugs. UK teenagers are taking up to five times more illegal drugs, for example, ecstasy tablets (摇头丸) and cannabis (大麻制品), than in other European countries．The most common drug for UK teenagers is cannabis. Over 35% of 15 to 16-year-olds say they have tried it. Harder drugs such as crack cocaine are less common. As many as one in twelve 12-year-olds have taken drugs.
British law puts drugs into three groups, from the most dangerous Class A drugs to the least addictive (使人上瘾的) Class C drugs：
• Class A: hard drugs, for example, crack cocaine;
• Class B: for example, ecstasy tablets;
• Class C: "soft" drugs, for example, cannabis, which are also addictive and dangerous.
In the UK there are possibly 500,000 Class A drug users. As a result, the UK spends $390 million a year on treatment centers to fight drug use. Treatment centers spend more than $3,000 to help every drug user. But only 3,800 drug users a year successfully go through the drug treatment.
Teenagers gave the following reasons in order of importance:
• to copy their friends and to look cool;
• so as to have a good time and to feel good;
• in order to see what it is like and to experience something new;
• so as to be like adults, but to be different from their parents;
• because the drugs are cheap and easy to buy;
• because they have nothing better to do with their time.
96. One reason for people taking more hard drugs in the UK is that are becoming lower.
97. The UK teenagers take much more drugs than teenagers in any other .
98. Under British law, from Class A drugs to Class C drugs, all of them are .
99. The UK government works hard on the drug treatment. But only a small number of in the UK can get out of the drug addiction every year.
100. As for how to stop themselves from taking drugs, the UK teenagers should .
96. prices。原文有提示these drugs becoming cheaper and easier to buy“这些毒品正变得越来越便宜，而且易于购买”，题干提示词lower，故用prices。
97. European countries。原文有提示Young people in Britain are more likely than other Europeans to take illegal drugs.“在英国，年轻人比其他欧洲国家的人服用更多的毒品”，同时题干有提示词in，故可知应该填写国家。
98. addictive and dangerous。根据短文内容可知，英国将毒品分成三级，无论哪一级都使人上瘾，都是危险的。
99. drug users。原文提示But only 3,800 drug users a year successfully go through the drug treatment.“每年仅有3,800名毒品吸食者戒毒成功”，故用drug users。
100. improve self-protection abilities/ stay away from drugs...。从文中最后陈述的青少年吸食毒品的原因可知，青少年需要加强自我保护、远离毒品等。
English is always changing. The English that people used 500 years ago is very different from the English we use now. Even in the last fifty years, English has changed. New words are entering our language all the time. The words Internet, email and mobile phone are only twenty years old. The word website is even younger. We only started using it fifteen years ago. But what causes languages to change? And is language change a positive or a negative thing?
There are many reasons that languages change. One reason is that technology changes. We use new types of technology. Thirty years ago, we only used the word mouse in English to describe an animal. Today, the word mouse also means the object you use to control a computer. Another important reason for language change is communication between different countries and cultures. For instance, English uses words like sugar from Arabic, shampoo from Hindi and yoghurt from Turkish. Languages also change because young people create their own way of talking that is different from their parents. Teenagers often use new slang—informal words and phrases—to talk to their friends. Some slang gets forgotten, but other slang words become part of normal, everyday language. Words like bus and rock music started as slang, but now they are in the dictionary and everyone uses them.
But is language change a good thing or a bad thing? Some people think that we should stop languages from changing. They think that they need to protect their language or it will die or become worse. In France, there is an organization called L’Academie Francaise that decides what is correct and what is incorrect in French. They look at the new words that people are using and decide whether they are good French or not. There are also organizations like this in other countries, such as Indonesia and Spain. However, other people believe that language change is a natural thing and shouldn’t be stopped. They think that it is normal that languages change over time. They think that languages need to change to stay modern and interesting.
Title: Language ChangeChanges of English★English 101 in the past 500 years.
New words are entering our language all the time, such as email and website.Three reasons for language change★Technology changes.
The word “mouse” also means “鼠标” in Chinese today.
★People from different countries and cultures 102 . Words like sugar, shampoo, and yoghurt are from different countries.
★Young people create their own way of talking.
Some slang words 103 while other slang becomes part of everyday language.104 on language change★Some think language change 105 . If not, their language will become worse or die.
★Some think language change is normal and natural. It can make languages stay modern and interesting.
101. has changed。第一段原文有提示The English that people used 500 years ago is very different from the English we use now. Even in the last fifty years, English has changed.“五百年前人们使用的英语语言不同于我们今天使用的英语语言，即使是最近50年也变化很多。”故填写has changed符合要求。
102. are communicating。原文提示Another important reason for language change is communication between different countries and cultures.“语言变化的另一个重要原因是不同国家和文化的人们相互交流”。
103. get forgotten。原文有提示some slang gets forgotten“一些俚语被遗忘”。
105. should be stopped。原文有提示Some people think that we should stop languages from changing.“一些人认为我们应该阻止语言发生改变。”题干中language change作主语，故用被动语态形式。
Beyond its influence on health, not getting enough sleep can lead to car accidents or other mistakes. Here are what sleep researchers have found about how to sleep.
How much sleep do we actually need?
It is known that all of us naturally need no less than eight hours of sleep per night. When we sleep below six hours per 24, we’re at an increased risk of health problems. Some of us think we can make up any of those hours lost during the week on the weekends. Sadly, there is no storage system for sleep in the brain.
Can we train ourselves to need less sleep?
As a study in 1964, a 17-year-old boy named Randy Garden stayed awake for 264 hours. How many people could do anything close to that without dying?
When you are reading this, you might say you usually get six hours of sleep and feel just fine. Sleep experts often compare people without enough sleep to drunk drivers: They don’t get behind the wheel thinking they’re probably going to kill someone.
Can we drink coffee instead of sleeping?
Coffee can keep us awake. Remember, too much coffee may throw off our sleep and energy cycles. So limit coffee and avoid caffeine for hour to six hours before bedtime.
Does a sense of purpose connect to sleep quality?
A new research suggests a kind of strong connection between purpose in life and sleep. People who have a greater sense of purpose usually have better physical and mental health, which in turn explains their higher-quality sleep. Perhaps developing a sense of purpose in life could be as useful at improving sleep as the healthy habits above.
How to sleepIntroductionNot getting enough sleep can influence our health and __56____ many mistakes.Findings from ___57___ researchersHow much sleep do we actually need?● Eight hours of sleep a nigh is __58___ for all of us.
● Sleeping less than six hours a day can __59__ the risk of health problems.
● It is __60___ to make up the lost sleeping hours during the workweek.Can we train ourselves to need less sleep?●People without enough sleep would insist that they were ___61___, but weren’t doing well at all.Can we drink coffee instead of sleeping?● Using coffee instead of sleeping might lead to sleep ___62____.
● Drink proper amount of coffee at proper ___63___.Does a sense of purpose connect to sleep quality?● A sense of purpose in life is closely __64__ with sleep quality.
● People with a greater sense of purpose may sleep __65___.【主旨大意】本文是一篇说明文
56. cause 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中“not getting enough sleep can lead to car accidents or other mistakes(睡眠不足还会导致车祸或其他错误)”，可知此题考查lead to意为“导致”，相当于cause. 故答案为cause.
57. sleep 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中“Here are what sleep researchers have found about how to sleep(下面是睡眠研究人员发现的睡眠方式)”可知答案为sleep.。
58. necessary 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中“It is known that all of us naturally need no less than eight hours of sleep per night(众所周知，我们每个人每天晚上当然需要不少于8小时的睡眠)”可知此题该句的同义句：It’s necessary for all of us to sleep eight hours a night./ Eight hours of sleep a night is necessary for all of us.形容词necessary意为“必要的”。故答案为necessary.
59. increase 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中“When we sleep below six hours per 24, we’re at an increased risk of health problems(当我们每24小时睡不到6小时，我们的健康问题风险就会增加)”可知此题考查词形转换。increased形容词，意为“增强的”，其动词形式为increase. 根据“Sleeping less than six hours a day can __59__ the risk of health problems”中的can可知，情态动词后接动词原形。故答案为increase.
60. impossible【解析】 推理判断题
。根据文中“Some of us think we can make up any of those hours lost during the week on the weekends. Sadly, there is no storage system for sleep in the brain(我们中的一些人认为我们可以弥补周末一周中所损失的任何时间。不幸的是，大脑中没有睡眠储存系统)”可推知 “It is __60___ to make up the lost sleeping hours during the workweek.”意为“在一周的工作时间里，要弥补失去的睡眠时间是不可能的”。故答案为impossible.
61. fine 【解析】 细节理解题。根据文中“When you are reading this, you might say you usually get six hours of sleep and feel just fine...(当你读这篇文章的时候，你可能会说你通常只有6个小时的睡眠，感觉很好……)可知答案为fine.
62. problems 【解析】推理判断题
。根据文中“too much coffee may throw off our sleep and energy cycles(喝太多咖啡会影响我们的睡眠和能量循环)”可推知“Using coffee instead of sleeping might lead to sleep _______”句意为“不睡觉而喝咖啡可能导致睡眠问题或睡眠混乱”。故答案为problems.
63. time 【解析】推理判断题
。 根据文中“Coffee can keep us awake. Remember, too much coffee may throw off our sleep and energy cycles. So limit coffee and avoid caffeine for hour to six hours before bedtime(咖啡能让我们保持清醒。记住，喝太多咖啡会影响我们的睡眠和能量循环。因此，在睡前的几个小时到六个小时内，不要喝咖啡和咖啡因)”可推知“Drink proper amount of coffee at proper ___63___.”句意为“在适当的时间喝适量的咖啡”。故答案为time.
64. connected 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中“Does a sense of purpose connect to sleep quality(目标感与睡眠质量有关吗)？”可推知“A sense of purpose in life is closely __64__ with sleep quality”句意为“生活中的目标感与睡眠质量密切相关”。
故此题考查短语connect to/ with意为“与……有关”，其同义短语为“be connected with”。故答案为connected.
65. better 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中“People who have a greater sense of purpose usually have better physical and mental health, which in turn explains their higher-quality sleep(目标感较强的人通常有更好的身心健康，这反过来解释了他们高质量的睡眠)”可推知“People with a greater sense of purpose may sleep __65___”句意为“目标意识较强的人睡得更好”。故此题考查well的比较级better. 故答案为better.
(2018•广东)A. 信息归纳 (共5小题，每小题1分，共5分)
It’s a Mailbox ... It’s a Bird House ...
No. Wait. It’s a Library!
Sunshine Park Has A Little Free Library!
Bryan Lim is excited to be the director of the Little Free library for our neighbor in Sunshine Park Community!
The way it works is simple:
? We bring to the library a number of good books that we hope will interest our neighbors.
? You stop by and take whatever catches your eyes.
? You return and bring other books for the library whenever you can.
? Books are always a gift. Never for sale!
Join us for our small opening at 9 am on March 25th, 2018.
Call 9051 6601 or email bryan @ beautiful-gathering. com for more information!
Take a book! Leave a book
More about Little Free Library:
The idea was started in 2009 in Hudson, Wisconsin, when Todd Bol placed a homemade
wooden box in his front yard. The box looked like a one-room schoolhouse. Inside were dozen or more books free for the taking. It was put there in memory of Todd's mother a teacher who loved reading. She had died several years earlier.
His neighbors and friends loved it, so he built several more and gave them away. Later, more people joined Todd in starting the project called Little Free Library.
In 2017, there were more than sixty thousand Little Free Library in over eighty countries around the world. Information Card
The name of the community this Little Free Library serves81.The opening date of this Little Free Library82.The place where Todd Bol placed his first wood box83.The job of Todd Bol’s mother84.The number of the countries which had Little Free Library in 201785.
81. Sunshine Park Community! 由Bryan Lim is excited to be the director of the Little Free library for our neighbor in Sunshine Park Community!可知。
82. On March 25th, 2018 由Join us for our small opening at 9 am on March 25th, 2018.可知。
83. In Todd Bol’s front yard 由The idea was started in 2009 in Hudson, Wisconsin, when Todd Bol placed a homemade wooden box in his front yard. 可知。
84. A teacher 由It was put there in memory of Todd's mother a teacher who loved reading. 可知。
85. Over 80 / eighty Countries. 】由In2017, there were more than sixty thousand Little Free Library in over eighty countries around the world.可知。
Nowadays, the attraction of the latest election products drives most people crazy. People own more e-procucts such as smartphone, ipad and so on. They check their smartphones from time to time and have less communication.
It is believed that smartphones are of great importance in our life. To begin with, it offers us convenient ways to communicate with each other. Using it, we can make friends with people
around the world with common apps such as QQ，WeChat. Besides, smartphones make our life more colorful. We can enjoy ourselves through videos, music, photos and Internet surfing.
Yet, it does have some negative effects. Firstly, smartphones take up one’s spare time, which reduces face to face communication, and makes people gradually lose the ability of communication in their real life. In addition, using smartphones too much is harmful both mentally and physically, which affects people’s daily life.
Therefore. It is important for us to make a wise choice of using smartphones. Whenever possible, remember to take our time to have a face-to-face talk with our family and friends. Certainly it will help build a warm and close relationship.
Say “No” to Smartphone Addiction(上瘾)Advantages of smartphones
To begin with, it 66 us with convenient ways to communicate with each other.
Using it, we can make friends with people around the world.
Besides, we can enjoy ourselves 67 videos, music, photos and Internet surfing.Disadvantages
of smartphonesFirstly, smartphones take up our spare time and make people gradually lose the 68 of communication in their real life.
In addition, using smartphones too much is 69 both mentally and physically. In a word, it is important for us 70 a wise choice of using smartphones.
66.offers/provides 67. through 68. ability 69. harmful 70. to make
According to the traditional Chinese custom, 2018 is just the year of Dog. Ranking as the eleventh animal in the Chinese zodiac—the Shengxiao, Dog is a symbol of loyalty(忠诚) and honesty.
● Self-mocker (自嘲)
Words and phrases including dogs(Gou in Chinese) are commonly used by young people when telling jokes about themselves. For example, you can say “Valentine’s Day has nothing to do with me since I am a single dog.” It is believed that dog-related words and phrases usually have good humour.
● Close relationship
Among some young people, adding “dog” to a friend’s name has the meaning of a close relationship. One of the most famous examples in China is that the actor Lin Gengxin is called Lin Gou by his close friends and beloved fans.
● Easy to raise
Kids with pleasant names are easy to bring up, according to an ancient Chinese saying. Parents in the countryside prefer to give nicknames including Gou Sheng and Gou Dan to their kids in the hope that they are as easy to be raised as dogs.
● Metaphor (隐喻)
Since dogs are considered to have many good qualities ( 品 质 ), the word is included in more than 10 Chinese metaphors. For example, “serve like a dog or a horse,” is used to describe someone who is ready to work hard for the people who have powers.
61. honest 空格后面是名词animal，可知此处填形容词，且该词与空前 loyal（忠诚的）并列。根据第一段最后一句 Dog is a symbol of loyalty and honesty 可知，该空填 honest，它是名词honesty（诚实）的形容词形式。
62. jokes 根据句意可知空白处所填词是动词 tell 的宾语。根据第二段的第一句Words and phrases including dogs (Gou in Chinese) are commonly used by young people when telling jokes about themselves.，可知空白处填名词joke的复数形式。短语tell jokes意为“讲笑话”。
63. means 根据句意可知空白处填动词。根据第三段第一句中“has the meaning of a close relationship”，可知空白处用meaning的动词形式mean。再根据题干中主语是动词 ing 形式，谓语动词应该用第三人称单数形式，故填 means。
64. easily 由 as…as 可知，空白处填形容词或副词的原形。又因为该空修饰动词短语 grow up，因此，此空填副词。根据第四段最后一句话“they are as easy to be raised as dogs”可知，空白处填形容词easy的副词形式 easily。
65. 犬马之劳(力)/ 效(尽)犬马之劳(力) 这道题考查翻译句意，最后一段的最后一句话“…is used to describe someone who is ready to work hard for the people who have powers.”是对这句话的解释，意为“为有权势的人努力干活/拼命工作”，再结合字数要求可知该句应译为 “犬马之劳(力)/ 效(尽)犬马之劳(力)”。
What You Need:
•clear glass tray
•large cup with 200 ml of hot water
•large cup with 200 ml of cold water
•red and blue liquid food coloring
Water in Motion
①Fill the tray with warm water.
②Set the tray on top of the two cups, with the hot cup under one end and the cold cup under the other.
③ Add four drops of red food coloring to the water above the hot cup and four drops of blue food coloring to the water above the cold cup. Add both colors at the same time.
ColorWaterObservationsbluecoldsinks and stays togeth; moves slowly toward hot side in a band of color; spreads out over the hot cupred hotspreads quickly across the top covers whole top in 1~2 minutes, then starts to sink
Hello, everybody. Here is our report on the experiment " 71 ". First, we put the glass tray full of warm water on top of two cups with 200ml of 72 water and cold water. Then, we add red and blue liquid food colorings into the water above the hot and cold cups at the same time.
After careful observations, we got the 73 . The blue food liquid coloring moves downward first and then to the hot side while the 74 one spreads quickly and covers whole top in a short time and goes downs; the blue liquid food coloring spreads more 75 than the red one. Thank you for listening.
71. Water in Motion 72. hot 73. results 74. red 75. slowly
How to be a good student
As teenagers, how to be a good student? In my opinion, there are a lot of things we should do. Firstly, live a healthy life. We should have healthy eating habits. Do more exercise to keep healthy. Secondly, have a good study habit. We should listen to the teacher carefully; try your best to finish homework on time. Thirdly, try to be an honest student. Don’t tell lies and never cheat in class. Finally, obey the school rules. Don’t go swimming alone without permission. Never take the mobile phones to school. Don’t fight with others. Last but not least, we should be polite to the teachers and classmates. I hope we all become good students.
71.Do more exercise 72.Have a good study habit 73.Never cheat in class 74. Obey the school rules 75.Don’t fight with others
In many children’s stories, a girl meets a prince and falls in love. They get married and live ‘happily ever after’.
As a child, Meghan Markle may never have imagined marrying a prince. But that is exactly what happened on May 19th!
Who is this young lady who just married into Britain’s royal family(王室)？
Meghan Markle was born in Los Angeles, California, in 1981. Her mother, Doria, was a doctor, and her father, Tom, was a television lighting director. For 10 years after school each day, young Meghan spent time at the studio where her father worked. This experience allowed her to become very comfortable with the acting business. For that reason, she knew she wanted to become an actress from a very early age.
As a child, she felt strongly about something else, too: People should be treated equally. This passion(热情)to help others is still a big part of her life today.
Her acting career began in 2002 when she made her first appearance on TV. Other small parts on TV and in a few films followed. Then finally in 2011, Markle got her big break. She won a lead role in the popular TV series Suits.
Title: Meghan Markle - the Actress Who Just 54 a Prince
Meghan Markle 55 Britain's royal family on May 19th.Background 56 ? She was born in Los Angeles. California, in 1981.
? Her mother was a doctor and her father was a TV lighting director.
? She wanted to be an actress when she was very 57 .Acting career? It started in 2002 when she 58 on TV for the first time.
? She played some small parts on TV and in films afterwards.
? She got the lead role in the popular TV series Suits in 2011.体裁说明文
54.married 解析：根据文章第三单段第一句“Who is this young lady who just married into Britain’s royal family”中的“married”可知。
55.joined 解析：根据文章第三单段第一句“Who is this young lady who just married into Britain’s royal family（嫁入英国皇室）”可知此处指的是“加入”英国皇室。故填joined。
56.information 解析：此空后面主要讲了Meghan Markle的出生，父母职业以及从小的梦想，由此可知此处指的是背景“信息”。故填information。
57.young 解析：根据文章第三句“For 10 years after school each day, young Meghan spent time at the studio”以及第四段最后一句“she knew she wanted to become an actress from a very early age.”可知填young。
58.appeared 解析：根据文章最后一段第一句“Her acting career began in 2002 when she made her first appearance on TV.”中的“appearance”可知此处应用动词过去式appeared（在when引导的从句中作谓语）。
(2018•湖南益阳)The earth is much worse than before because of serious pollution: air pollution, soil pollution and water pollution. What should humans do save the earth?
First, we should not produce too much rubbish. Rubbish takes up much space, so there will not be enough space for people to live in. What’s worse, it will pollute soil and fewer plants can grow.
Next, we should keep the sea and rivers clean. Fish can't live in polluted water, so it may be impossible for us to enjoy so much seafood in the future.
Third, everyone should help to keep the air clean. Polluted air is harmful to our health.
To make the earth a better place, everyone should learn to love our planet from now on. And everyone should play a part in saving the earth.
How to save the earth
Three kinds of pollution: air pollution, 61._______ and water pollutionFirstDon’t produce 62._______. It takes up much space.63._______Keep the sea and river clean. Fish can’t live in polluted water.ThirdKeep the air clean. Polluted air is 64._______ to our health.Everyone should learn to love and play a part in 65.______ the earth.题材说明文
61. soil pollution 根据第一段首句中“air pollution, soil pollution and water pollution.”可知，此处指的是“土壤污染”。
62. too much rubbish 根据第二段前两句“First, we should not produce too much rubbish. Rubbish takes up much space”可知，此处指“我们不应该生产太多垃圾。因为它们占据很大空间。”
63. Second 根据右栏及第三段描述可知，此处指的是第二条建议。
64. harmful 根据第四段第二句“Polluted air is harmful to our health.”可知，此处指“污染空气对我们的健康有害。”
65. saving 根据最后一段最后一句“And everyone should play a part in saving the earth.”可知，此处指“每个人都应该在保护地球中发挥作用。”
When we are talking to someone, we tend to change someone else’s mind to our way of thinking. And we may often find it difficult to do that. So here are five tips on how to change someone’s mind.
The first one is never to turn the conversation into an argument. It should be a conversation where you show your opinion and the facts that you’ve collected. By showing them the facts, we want to tell other people that we are right. But emotionally, they may not totally agree with what you say. So when you are trying to change someone’s mind, try to keep it as a conversation and not an argument.
The second tip is never to say that you are wrong. If someone makes a statement that you think is wrong, it’s better to point it out by saying ,“I thought otherwise but I might be wrong, let’s look at the facts.” The key is to say that you might be wrong, not that you are wrong. This opens up the other person to look at the data again and shows them that you’re not bullheaded(顽固的) and that you’re not going to change your opinion. You’re showing them that you are open to new ideas and this is super important in changing someone else’s mind to your way of thinking.
Tip number three is to get the other person saying yes as fast as possible. You may begin your conversation on hobbies that you guys have, something that they’re crazy about, something that gets them saying yes. Because the more that you get them to say yes now, the more likely they are to say yes in the future. A conversation like this will get them to start to like you and maybe even more open up to ideas that you have. It builds up trust between the two of you.
Tip number four is to let the other person do a great amount of talking. If you let them talk more, you’re going to show that you actually care about their opinions and ideas, which will earn their respect in the end. By listening to them, you’re going to create a friendly relationship and build trust. So when you express your opinions, they will also show a willingness to listen. Never interrupt them when they are talking. Just listen patiently with an open mind, encourage them to talk even more and more so that when it’s your turn to talk, they’ll listen and say nothing.
The last tip is to let the other person feel like the idea was theirs. It’s wiser to make suggestions and let someone else come to the conclusion, then they have a sense of pride that it’s their idea. Giving someone the data and letting them come to the conclusion let them feel like it is their idea and they are proud of it.
Title: How to change someone else’s mind
IntroductionThough it is not (71)____ to change someone else’s mind, here are tips you can follow.Five (72)_____ of changing someone else’s mind●Keep it as a conversation and not an argument, or they may not totally be in (73)_____ with you.● Say that you might be wrong (74) _____ of saying that you are wrong to show that you are open to new ideas.● Try to get them saying yes as fast as possible, so they are more likely to say yes in the future.● Create a friendly relationship and build trust so that when you express your opinions, they are willing to listen.● Let someone else come to the conclusion and they will be (75)_____ of it because they feel like it is their idea.体裁说明文
71. easy 根据第一段中And we may often find it difficult to do that.可知，改变别人的想法是困难的，not easy与difficult意思相近，故答案为easy。
72. ways/methods/means 根据短文第一段中最后一句话可知，后面叙述的是五种方法。故答案为ways/methods/means。
73. agreement 根据第二段中But emotionally, they may not totally agree with what you say.可知，他们有可能不会完全同意你，故答案为agreement。
74. instead 根据第三段语境可知，如果别人的表达有误，不能直接说你的错误的，而应该说你有可能是错的，固定短语instead of。故答案为instead。
75. proud 根据短文最后一句Giving someone the data and letting them come to the conclusion let them feel like it is their idea and they are proud of it.可知，此处为固定短语be proud of“感到骄傲”，故答案为proud。
A) (2018•江苏南京) 请认真阅读下列短文，并根据所读内容在文章后表格中第56—65小题的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。
Claude Monet’s paintings were quite different from the art styles that were popular in the 1870s France, Traditional artists always did their artwork in a studio and their paintings were realistic—they looked exactly like the real world. Claude Monet was part of a group of painters who were called Impressionists (印象派画家). Their paintings were light and a bit fuzzy—they gave an impression of what the real world looked like. Sometimes Impressionists worked outside, which was a very unusual thought in their time. Impressionism received its name from an early painting by Claude Monet titled Impression, Sunrise.
Knowing that trains were interesting subjects and represented modem progress, Claude Monet created a series of Impressionist paintings of trains from January to March of 1877. He worked on his paintings right on the train platform at the Gare Saint—Lazare, the train station on Saint Lazare Street. Although there were many train stations in Paris, this was the first train station built in Paris so it had historical significance(意义).
Monet’s friend, Impressionist painter Pierre Auguste Renoir，told the following story to his sons about Claude Monet and painting the trains. Monet needed permission (允许) to spend time on the train platform and paint what he saw in his impressionistic style. One day Monet dressed himself in his very best suit along with a fine top hat, a good linen shirt and a silk tie. He appeared to be a wealthy gentleman while he really was a poor painter.
When he went towards the clerk at the train office, he presented his calling card which introduced him as Claude Monet, Painter. He asked to see the station master. The clerk quickly allowed this fine gentleman to enter the station master’s office. The station master was also impressed and gave Monet permission to paint on the train platform. The station master even kept trains from leaving on time so Monet could complete a scene even though passengers complained.
Was it all worthwhile (值得)? Monet’s train scenes turned his career into a success and for the station master, made his train station famous until even now.
Introduction? Claude Monet was one of the Impressionist painters whose paintings were not the 56 as the popular art styles in the 1870s France.
? Impressionist paintings gave an impression of 57 the real world looked.
? He helped Impressionism get its 58 by his painting Impression. Sunrise.A 59 of painting trains? At that time trains were subjects that could keep people’s 60 and represented modem progress.
? He created paintings of trains 61 January and March in 1877, at the train station with the longest 62 in Paris.
? He dressed himself as a wealthy gentleman to win the station master’s 63 .
? In order to help Monet complete a scene, the station master even made trains leave 64 than they should do.Result? His train scenes made not only his career 65 but also the train station famous.
56. same 解析：根据文章第一句“Claude Monet’s paintings were quite different from the art styles that were popular in the 1870s France”中的“different from”可知此处应用反义词组“the same as”，故填same.
57. how 解析：根据文章第一段后面“they gave an impression of what the real world looked like” 可知此处指的是真实的世界看起来是怎么样的？“what...looked like”相当于“how...looked”。故填how。
58. name 解析：根据第一段最后一句“Impressionism received its name from an early painting by Claude Monet titled Impression, Sunrise.”中的“name”可知。
59. story 解析：根据此空后面的内容以及第三段第一句“told the following story to his sons about Claude Monet and painting the trains.”可知此处指的是关于画火车的“故事
60. interest 解析：根据文章第二段第一句“Knowing that trains were interesting subjects and represented modem progress,”中的“interesting”可知此处应用其名词形式interest（放在所有格people’s之后应用名词）。
61. between 解析：根据文章第二段前面“from January to March of 1877.”可知此处应用短语“between...and”，故填between。
62. history 解析：根据文章第二段最后“Although there were many train stations in Paris, this was the first train station built in Paris”中的“first train station”可知此处指的是拥有最长的“历史”，故填history。
63. trust 解析：文章第四段讲的是莫奈打扮成有钱人，获得了的“信任”，然后才能在车站月台上画画。故填trust。
64. later 解析：根据文章第四段最后“The station master even kept trains from leaving on time”可知甚至阻止火车准时离开，即火车比原来预定的来开时间“更迟”，故填later。
65. successful 解析：根据文章最后一段“Was it all worthwhile (值得)? Monet’s train scenes turned his career into a success”中的“success”可知此处应用其形容词形式 successful（make...+形容词表示“使...怎么样”）。
Today, almost everyone has a smart phone. So street phone booths are out of date and seem to be useless. But cities like Shanghai are trying to bring the old phone booths to life.
Shanghai will make changes to 263 phone booths in Xuhui Ditrict. The Library Booth is one of the six new kinds of booths, offering 60 booths for people to borrow and read. Another kind allows users to listen to audiobooks (有声书) and even record their voices.
Shanghai is not the only city trying to save the old phone booths. London cares about them even more, because the red phone booths have long been a special scene in London since the 1930s when they were painted all red. In recent years, London has come up with many ideas to help phone booths stay useful. The UK company British telecom has added screens and free WiFi to some booths. Users can use them to surf online and search for maps and weather reports. The company also allows people to rent(租) some booths to change them as they want to. Since 2009, more than 1,500 phone booths have been turned into flower shops, mini-cafes, art museums and even shower rooms.
In New York City, three phone booths in Time Square are turned into places for immigrant(移民) voices. When visitors pick up the phone, they can listen to oral(述) histories of immigration from the newest New Yorkers. They can also open the books inside the booth to know more about the storytellers. Or they can share a part of their own stories if they wish.
Brazil made phone booths works of art. Sao Paulo paired 100 artists with 100 phone booths. Some artists painted on the booths, others made them sculptures--one was shaped like a brain and another wore a pair of shoes.
Phone booths are finding creative ways to live on, Will they succeed? Only time will tell.
new uses in Shanghaisix new kinds of booths60 library booths: Users can borrow& read books.audio booths: Users can listen to audio books &record their own voices.various uses in London London tried 3._______ than booths Shanghai to keep the old phone booths 3._______ because the red booths are a special scene in the city.Users can search for maps and weather reports online& use 4._________ in the booths.People renting the booths can turn them into flower shops, mini-cafes, art museums and so on.special use in NYthree phone booths in Times Square visitors can:
listen to oral histories of immigration & read books about these immigrants.
Share their own stories.new look in Brazil 5.____ the 100 artists changed the appearance of one phone booth.Some artists painted on the booths.Others made the booths sculptures.体裁说明文
1.change/ variety of new uses 空格前有a，此空填名词。根据文章的主题，可以锁定change/ use/ way等词。第一段先以phone booths 的现状切入，所以change可填;从2-5段的描述可以选择use。
2. the popularity/ the wide use 此空要填原因，需要名词。根据原文“Today almost everyone has a smart phone”说明手机使用的广泛度。
3.harder; useful 根据题干London tried _______ than Shanghai.可推出此空填副词比较级。原文中“London cares about them even more, because the red phone booths have long been a special scene in London since the 1930 s.”可知London不仅早，还做了很多。所以此空填harder。原文中“London has come up with many ideas to help phone booths stay useful.”可推出3题第二空填useful。
4.the Internet 此空放在use后，填名词。根据题干定位原文“Users can use them(phone booths) to surf online and search for maps and weather reports.”此空填Internet。
5. Each of/ Every one of 此空缺主语，填名词。根据原文“Sao Paulo paired 100 artists with 100 phone booths.” pair A with B配对A和B，意为每个艺术家都要负责一个电话亭。此空含义，100个艺术家当中的每一个人。答案填Each of/ Every one of。
One of the biggest mistakes a person can make is to try not to make mistakes. As you make decisions in your life , you will very likely make some mistakes. But making mistakes is a big part of how you gain(获得) experience.
A simple example. You do poorly on a test because you didn’t study hard enough. One bad test is not the end of the world. but it can quickly teach you that if you don’t study, you won’t do well.
Mistakes sometimes lead to arguments（争论）between people. But if you learn to understand
things from another person’s point of view, you will be able to learn very quickly from the mistakes you made and the mistakes you think other people have made. You can turn mistakes into opportunities（机会）.
For example, if you learn to understand others’ feelings and problems, you will understand the people you work with much better instead of getting angry. And you will learn to talk about problems and be more patient with people you don’t agree with---a friend, or a mate in your workroom or company.
So next time you think you’ve made a mistake, stop and ask yourself what you’re learned from it, and what you will do differently in the future.
Show me the person in the room who has made a lot of mistakes, and I’ll show you the person who has probably learned a lot.
Everyone makes 81Viewpoints(观点)ExamplesIt is a big mistake to try not to make mistakes You can gain experience from mistakes.One bad test can teach you that you will do badly unless you work 82 .Learn to understand things from another person’s point of view,
Learn from your own mistakes and 83 mistakesIf you understand others, you will be more patient with people you 84 with.
If you make a mistake next time, ask yourself what to do differently in the future.Conclusion mistakes is just a part of 85 . Learn from mistakes.
84.disagree 根据第四段And you will learn to talk about problems and be more patient with people you don’t agree with---可知此空表示“不同意”。
D) (2018•湖南邵阳)摘录 阅读短文，然后完成内容摘要。每空不超过三个单词(共5小题，每小题2分)
Stories and Art of Chinese Fans
You may think you cannot live through summer without air conditioners. But in ancient China, hand fans were almost the only ones to help people keep cool.
Chinese people started to use hand fans over 2,000 years ago. The fans came in different shapes, such as round and square. They were also made from all kinds of materials. Palm leaf fans were cheap and easy to make. Feather fans (羽毛扇) showed the owner’s high status. Sandalwood (檀香) fans could send out a sweet smell.
Later, hand fans became far more than just something that could cool you down. They developed into art works, in which tuanshan (round fans) and zheshan (folded fans) were the most common.
In the shape of a full moon, tuanshan was usually made of silk. They had beautiful birds and flowers on them. Women especially those in the imperial palace (皇宫), liked to use them. Meanwhile, men, especially the literati (文人), used zheshan. The literati liked them because zheshan were usually made of paper and they could paint and write poems on them. It was a way for them to show off their ability in literature, painting and handwriting. Almost anything can be painted on zheshan.
Today, Chinese people still use these fans, only not many people write or paint on them any more. Next time when you are waving a fan, you may think of the stories behind it.
NameFeatures (特征)Palm leaf fans56 and easy to make57Show the owner’s statusSandalwood fansSend out 58TuanshanIn the shape of 59ZheshanPaint and write 60体裁说明文
56. Cheap 【解析】细节理解题。由“Palm leaf fans were cheap and easy to make.”可知答案为“Cheap”。
57. Feather fans 【解析】细节理解题。根据“Feather fans showed the owner’s high status.”可知答案。
58. a sweet smell 【解析】细节理解题。由“Sandalwood fans could send out a sweet smell.”可知答案。
59. a full moon 【解析】细节理解题。根据“In the shape of a full moon, tuanshan was usually made of silk.”可知答案。
60. poems 【解析】细节理解题。由“and they could paint and write poems on them.”可知答案。
(2018•江苏泰州) Giving a speech in front of your class can be challenging. However, you can do something to make it a success. First of all, you need to do something about your topic. For example, choose a topic about something you like, such as something that interests you or someone who is close to you. Once you’ve chosen your topic, try to find useful information about it online or from the library. As you do this, write down the information that supports your ideas in a valuable way.
Rehearsing(排练) your speech is also important. For this, you’d better write the script(讲稿) just like talking to your friends. Keep your script simple. Use interesting examples or stories to show your ideas. Once you finish your script, read it out loud to yourself and remember it. After that, write down 2 to 3 points that you may forget on a note card. Finally, you have to practise your speech in front of something or someone until you don’t have to look at your note card.
In the end, it’s time to give the speech. At this time, stand straight and hold your head high. This will show that you’re confident. Show your listeners that you’re excited by smiling before you begin and throughout the speech. Pause(停顿) after finishing a sentence, or after saying an important point. It will allow you time to collect your thoughts.
If you’re out of breath while speaking or if your words star running together, you’re most probably speaking too fast. If this happens, take a breath and slow down. While talking, look at your listeners, like friends. What’s more, if you don’t remember the next word or line, pause for one or two seconds to look at your note card. Before you begin speaking, take a deep breath, smile at your listeners, and then go on.
(51)_______ to give a successful speech (52)_______ for your speech •Choose a topic you are (53)_______ in.
•Collect information on your topic from books or on the (54)_______.
•Write down the useful information. Rehearse your speech •Write a script in a (55) _______ way.
•Read the script, and make a note card that can help you (56)_______ the content.
•Keep (57)_______ your speech until you can make it very well.
Give your speech •Use proper body language to show that you are (58)_______ and excited.
•Pause at the (59)_______ of a sentence or after saying an important point. •(60)_______ speaking too fast.
•Look at your listeners while giving the speech.
•If you forget what to say next, look at your note card, breathe deeply, smile at your listeners, and then go on.
51. How/Ways 52. Prepare 53. interested 54. Internet 55. simple
56. remember 57. practicing 58. confident 59. end 60. Avoid
52. Prepare 考查固定短语prepare for…。
53. interested 根据such as something that interests you or someone who is close to you.中的interest与be interested in同义。
54. Internet 根据try to find useful information about it online or from the library. 中的online与on the Internet同义。
55. simple 根据Keep your script simple.
56. remember 根据Once you finish your script, read it out loud to yourself and remember it.
57. practicing 根据Finally, you have to practice your speech in front of something or someone until you don’t have to look at your note card. 和keep doing sth。
58. confident 根据This will shoe that you’re confident. Show your listeners that you’re excited by smiling before you begin and throughout the speech.
59. end 根据Pause(停顿) after finishing a sentence, or after saying an important point.
60. Avoid 根据If you’re out of breath while speaking or if your words star running together, you’re most probably speaking too fast. If this happens, take a breath and slow down.和avoid doing sth。
(2018•江苏宿迁) A good book can be satisfying, can improve your knowledge and can teach you a lot. There are several ways to develop a lifetime reading habit.
Set times. You should have a few set times every day when you'll read for at least 5—10 minutes, no matter what happens. For example, make it a habit to read during breakfast and lunch (and even dinner if you cat alone).
Always carry a book. No matter where you go, take a book with you. When you leave the house, make sure to have at least one book. You may keep the book in the car, or into the office or to anywhere you go, unless you're sure you won’t have time to read.
Make a list. Keep a list of all the great books you want to read. You can keep this in a pocket notebook. Be sure to add to it whenever you hear about a good book. Keep a running list, and cross out the ones you have read.
Find a quiet place. Find a place in your home where you can sit in a comfortable chair without television or computer near the chair. There should be no music or noisy family members.
Set a high aim. For example. Tell yourself that you want to read 50 books this year. Try your best to finish reading them. Just be sure you're still enjoying the reading.
Title: Ways to (71)__________a lifetime reading habit
Set times• Read for at least 5-10 minutes, no matter what (72) __________
• Make it a (73) __________ to read during breakfast and lunch. Always carry a book• Carry at least one book when (74) __________ the house.
• Keep the book no matter (75) __________ you go.Make a (76) __________ • (77) __________ to it when you hear about a good book.
• Cross out the ones you have read. Find a quiet place• Sit in a (78) __________ chair.
• Make sure no music or noisy family members trouble you. (79) __________ a high aim• Do your (80) __________ to finish reading them.
• Be sure to enjoy the reading. 体裁说明文
71. develop 解析：根据文章第一段第二句“There are several ways to develop a lifetime reading habit.”中的“develop”可知。
72. happens 解析：根据文章第二段第二句“You should have a few set times every day when you'll read for at least 5—10 minutes, no matter what happens. ”中的“happens”可知。
73. habit 解析：根据文章地二段最后一句“For example, make it a habit to read during breakfast and lunch”中的“habit”可知。
74. leaving 解析：根据文章第三段第三句“When you leave the house, make sure to have at least one book. ”中的“leave”可知此处应用其动名词leaving（when作介词+doing）。
75. where 解析：根据文章第三段第二句“No matter where you go, take a book with you.”中的“where”可知。
76. list 解析：根据文章第四段第一句“Make a list.”可知。
77. Add 解析：根据文章第四段第四句“Be sure to add to it whenever you hear about a good book. ”中的“add”可知。
78. comfortable 解析：根据文章第五段第二句“Find a place in your home where you can sit in a comfortable chair ”中的“comfortable”可知。
79. Set 解析：根据文章最后一段第一句“Set a high aim.”可知。
80. best 解析：根据文章最后一段倒数第二句“Try your best to finish reading them. ”中的“best”可知。
In ancient Egypt, women did not go out to work. They stayed and worked at home. Many Egyptian men were farmers. Some men were builders or fishermen. Other men worked as artists. Some other important people did not do any farming.
The weather in Egypt was very hot. Ancient Egyptians did not wear many clothes. Men, women and children often wore simple robes made of thin cloth. On their feet they wore light open shoes. People, including women, shaved (剃) hair from their heads to keep cool.
Children in ancient Egypt grew up to do the same jobs as their parents. Girls stayed at home with their mothers. They learned to look after the home. Boys worked with their fathers. They learned to do the jobs their fathers did. They only went to school to learn to write if they wanted to become a scribe
Many of the games played by ancient Egyptians are similar to games we still play today. Children played racing and jumping games. They also played ball games and with wooden toys. Older children played a game like chess.
The kings of Egypt (the pharaohs) had enough power to master their country. The people thought that the pharaoh was a god. He owned everything. Everyone had to do what he told them to do. The pharaohs built huge tombs. When a pharaoh died, he was buried in the tomb. The tombs were often in the shape of pyramids. When a pharaoh was buried, he was surrounded by treasure and bv things to help him in the next world, such as food, clothes, furniture and weapons.
TitleLife in 46 EgyptParagraph
headingsWorkWomen didn’t go out to work, and most of the men worked as farmers, 47 . builders or fishermen.Clothes• They wore robes made of thin cloth and 48 open shoes.
• To keep 49 , people had their hair cut with shaven heads.Children• Girls stayed at home and 50 with their mothers while boys followed in their fathers’ footsteps.
• Some had to 51 to write at school to become a scribe. 52 • Children played almost the 53 games as we do today.
• Most of the toys they played with were made of 54 .PharaohsThe kings were very 55 and rich in life. They were buried in huge tombs together with treasure and necessities.体裁说明文
46.ancient 解析：根据文章第一句“In ancient Egypt, women did not go out to work. ”可知。
47. artists 解析：根据文章第一段中间“Many Egyptian men were farmers. Some men were builders or fishermen. Other men worked as artists. ”可知。
48.light 解析：根据文章第二段中间“On their feet they wore light open shoes”可知。
49.cool 解析：根据文章第二段最后一句“People, including women, shaved (剃) hair from their heads to keep cool.”可知。
50.worked 解析：根据文章第三段第二句“Girls stayed at home with their mothers. They learned to look after the home. ”可知此处指的是女孩们在家“工作”，故填worked。
51.learn 解析：根据文章第三段最后一句“hey only went to school to learn to write if they wanted to become a scribe”可知。
52.Games 解析：根据文章第四段第一句“Many of the games played by ancient Egyptians are similar to games we still play today.”可知此处主要讲的是古印度的“游戏
53.same 解析：根据文章第四段第一句“Many of the games played by ancient Egyptians are similar to games we still play today. ”中的“are similar to”可知此处应用短语“the same as”，两者都表示“和...相似，一样”，故填same。
54.wood 解析：根据文章第四段后面“They also played ball games and with wooden toys.”中的“wooden”可知此处应填其名词形式wood（放在介词后面应用名词）。
55.powerful 解析：根据文章最后一段第一句“The kings of Egypt (the pharaohs) had enough power to master their country.”中的“power”可知此处应用其形容词powerful（放在be动词were之后）。
Marco Polo was born in Italy in 1254 .When he was 17, he traveled along the Silk Road with his father, who wanted to trade with the Chinese. Finally, they arrived in Beijing. They were guests at the Emperor’s Palace. Marco was very clever and could speak four languages. The Emperor was impressed by him and they became friends. He asked Marco to serve in his court (宫殿）and sent him to do many important jobs all over the country.
Marco was amazed by how beautiful China was. He was impressed by Beijing and the Emperor’ s Palace，especially the Summer Palace which was described as “The greatest palace that I’ve ever seen”. The walls were covered with gold and silver and the hall was so big that it could easily hold 6,000 people for dinner.”
Marco was also attracted (吸引）by the inventions and developments in China which couldn't be found in Europe at that time. Marco was surprised to see Chinese people using paper money in the markets. In Europe people paid for goods(货)with gold and silver. He could not understand how people paid for food and valuable things with paper !He was also puzzled by the black stones people used to burn to produce heat. The black stones were coal, but Marco had never seen coal before!
After he served the Emperor for 17 years, in 1291, Marco returned to Italy. He was a very wealthy man then. A writer wrote down all the stories that Marco told him in a book called The Description of the World, which became one of the best —selling books in Europe.
People enjoyed the book, but many of them thought that Marco’s stories about China were too fantastic to be true. However, Marco always stood by his tales. Just before he died, aged 70，Marco was asked the question,“Was it all true?” And this was his answer , “I have only told a half what I saw ! ”
Marco Polo and ChinaBefore arriving in China◆In 1254,he was born in Italy.
at the age of 17, he travelled along the 46. _____ with his father to trade with the Chinese.During his living in China◆He made friends with the Emperor and served in the court.
◆He did many 47. ________ around China.◆The beauty of China impressed him.◆The 48. ______ in China attracted Marco.
①Paper money was used to buy goods in the markets.
②Chinese people used 49._______ to produce heat.After returning to Italy◆He became wealthy.
◆A book written about his travelling experiences around the world sold well in Europe.◆The underlined sentence tells us that 50. __________________题材记叙文
46. Silk Road 由第一段When he was 17, he traveled along the Silk Road with his father, who wanted to trade with the Chinese. 可知答案。
47. important jobs 由第一段 The Emperor was impressed by him and they became friends. He asked Marco to serve in his court and sent him to do many important jobs all over the country.可知答案。
48. inventions and developments 由第三段Marco was also attracted by the inventions and developments in China which couldn't be found in Europe at that time. 可知答案。
49. (the) black stones/coal 由第三段He was also puzzled by the black stones people used to burn to produce heat.可知答案。
50. it couldn’t be described in one book about the development of China/Marco didn’t tell all the things that he had experienced in China/...(此题为开放性试题，考生回答符合情理既可得分）。
There are many libraries in Britain. Let’s learn something about them.
A Public Libraries
Most towns in Britain have a public library. A library usually has a large selection of books and other resources, which library members can use and borrow for free.
Britain’s First Public Library
The first Britain’s public library opened in Manchester in 1852. Its first librarian was a man called Edward Edwards. Edwards attended the library's opening ceremony and two famous writers called Charles Dickens and William Thackeray were there, too.
A Services of Library
Modern public libraries have something for everyone. Most of them have audio books, CDS newspapers and DVDS as well as books to borrow.
How to Join a Library
To join a library, go to your local library and fill in a form. You’ll receive a library card which is needed when using library services.
Not everyone can get to a library. Some people live far away from towns and cities. Other people find it difficult to go out because they have an illness or a disability. Thanks to mobile libraries, these people can still borrow books.
The libraries are special. Unlike most libraries, which store books in buildings, mobile libraries usually keep their books in a mini-bus. The back of the mini-bus has shelves for the books, and it is big enough for borrowers to step inside and look around. A driver take the mini-bus to a certain place at a certain time, so people know when to expect it. They can return their books and borrow some more.
All Aboard the Library!
A school in London didn't have space for a library inside the building. However, everybody agreed that it was still important to have a school library. So, the head of the school, Graham Blake, decided to park an old bus on the school car park and change it into a library. Pupils helped to paint the bus, and after eight months, the new Library was ready.
TitleLibrary in 96 97 LibrariesA large selection of books and other resources can be used and borrowed by library members for 98 Edward Edwards was the first 99 of the first British public library.Library 100 Most of the 101 public libraries have audio books, CDs, newspapers and DVDs as well as books for everyone.If you want to join the library, you must get a library 102 .Special LibrariesThanks to 103 libraries, those people who can’t get to a library can still borrow books. 104 most libraries, a mini-bus with library books go to a certain place at a certain time.The school in London had to 105 its library on an old bus because the school didn’t have enough space inside the building.
96. Britain 由文章第一句There are many libraries in Britain.可知答案填Britain。
97. Public 从后面A large selection of books and other resources can be used and borrowed by library members for free.可知是讲公共图书馆，故填public。
98. free 从第二段该句A library usually has a large selection of books and other resources, which library members can use and borrow for free.可知答案填free。
99. librarian 从文章第三段该句Its first librarian was a man called Edward Edwards.可知答案填librarian。
100. services 从后面表格内容Most of the 101 public libraries have audio books, CDs, newspapers and DVDs as well as books for everyone.可知是文章第四段内容，讲图书馆的服务，故填services。
101. modern 根据文章第四段第一句Modern public libraries have something for everyone.可知答案填modern。
102. card 根据文章第五段该句You’ll receive a library card which is needed when using library services.可知答案填card。
103. mobile 根据文章第六段该句Thanks to mobile libraries, these people can still borrow books.可知答案填mobile.
104. Unlike 根据文章第七段该句Unlike most libraries, which store books in buildings, mobile libraries usually keep their books in a mini-bus.可知答案填unlike.
105. park 根据文章最后一段该句So, the head of the school, Graham Blake, decided to park an old bus on the school car park and change it into a library.可知答案填park.
Jack London was born in San Francisco in 1876. Life was hard when Jack was growing up and he started working when he was 10. He did lots of different jobs. In his free time he went to the library and he spent many hours there, reading. In 1894 he went back to school, and published his first short story Typhoon of the Coast of Japan. Then in 1896 he went to the University of California at Berkeley, but he had to leave because of money problems.
In 1897 he left for the Klondike Gold Rush in Alaska. However, he became ill and came home and started working as a full-time writer. He wrote short stories and soon he was well-known. In1903 he wrote his most famous story: The Call of the Wild. His next novel was The Sea-Wolf (1904) which is perhaps his best literary novel. With the earnings he bought a large farm in California, where he died in 1916, aged only 40 years old.
London was a prolific writer in his short life. Between 1905 and 1916 he published 18 novels and six collections of stories, as well as a play, various works of non-fiction and a biography. He is best-known for his descriptions of nature and the animal world.
66. study 根据下级表格中的drop off at 10, University of California in 1896可知，此处讲述的都是关于杰克•伦敦“学习”的事情。
67. works 根据下级表格中的内容可知，此处讲述的都是“作品”。
68. 1894 根据第一段中的In 1894 he went back to school可知答案。
69. a full-time writer 根据上级表格中的jobs以及第二段中的In 1897 he left… started working as a full-time writer可知答案.
70. Alaska 根据第二段中的In 1897 he left for the Klondike Gold Rush in Alaska.可知答案。
Albert Einstein was born on I4th March,1879 in Germany. He was an extraordinary (非凡的)person since he was born. Einstein wasn’t able to speak a word until three. He was curious(好奇的)and imaginative. He loved watching things carefully and asked a lot of questions about them
His questions were often hard to answer for teachers.
Einstein started school in 1885. Though he did well in maths and science, he failed in many subjects like history, geography and languages. He was not the teachers’ favourite. He didn’t enjoy going to school. Einstein finished high school in Switzerland and entered a university in Zurich. He graduated（大学毕业）as a teacher of maths and physics in1900.
After graduation, Einstein worked at the Patent Office. He spent much time studying physics. By 1909, Einstein had become a top scientist. Though he became successful in the field of science, he still put great effort in scientific research. Finally, he won the Nobel Prize for physics in 1921.
Einstein kept at his research until he died in 1955. Scientists studied his brain(脑)after his death to see if there was anything special about it. However there was no conclusion(结论).
Today, many famous scientists still think Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
71. Einstein loved watching things carefully and ______about them
72. Though Einstein_______, he failed in many subjects.
73. Finally, Einstein won the Nobel Prize _______in1921
74. Scientists studied Einstein s brain after he died so that_______.
75. Many famous scientists still think Einstein is_______.
71. asked a lot of questions【解析】第一段第三行可知。
72. did well in maths and science【解析】第二段第一行可知。
73. for physics【解析】根据关键词 “1921”，快速定位到第三段最后一行可知。
74. they could see if there was anything special about it【解析】第四段第二行可知，但是本题需要进行适当修改才能满足“so that”句式，so that+句子，所以答案是“they could see if there was anything special about it”。
75. the smartest man in the world【解析】最后一句话可以直接得到答案。
在英语拓展课上，你需要介绍一个非洲国家。请你根据搜索到的有关肯尼亚的部分资料，完成 PPT 演示文稿。
(2018•浙江嘉兴舟山) Republic of Kenya is a country in Africa, with a population of about 48 , 000 , 000. Nairobi is the capital of Kenya. Kiswahili and English are its official languages, and it also has many local languages. Kenya covers 582 , 646 square kilometres. It has a warm and humid tropical climate on its Indian Ocean coastline. On Kenya’s land, fruit, vegetables, coffee, tea, corns and wheat are the main agricultural produce. The people in Kenya like cross country running, road running, soccer, boxing and so on. Kenya won several medals during the Beijing Olympics, six gold, four silver and four bronze, making it Africa’s most successful nation in the 2008 Olympics.
56. Nairobi 根据第二句话Nairobi is the capital of Kenya.可知答案。
57. 582,646 根据第四句话Kenya covers 582 , 646 square kilometres.可知答案。
58. English 根据第三句话Kiswahili and English are its official languages, and it also has many local languages.可知答案。
59. 48/forty-eight. 根据第一句话Republic of Kenya is a country in Africa, with a population of about 48 , 000 , 000.可知答案。
60. road running 根据倒数第二句话The people in Kenya like cross country running, road running, soccer, boxing and so on.可知答案。
Doing “Clean” Exercise
When you go for a run outside, chances are that you will find litter all around you. Do you just go past it, or do you stop and pick it up? If you choose the second, you’re part of the latest popular sport in the West: plogging.
The word “plogging” is the Swedish phrase “plocka upp” (pick up) and the English word “jogging” (running slowly) put together.
What a plogger needs is a rubbish bag and a pair of gloves to protect your hands. While collecting rubbish, ploggers learn to classify(分类) and deal with it correctly, too.
Plogging seems simple but it does a lot of good to both the environment and your health. It can not only make the world greener, but also get you full body exercise. For example, a 30-minute plogging burns around 288 calories(卡路里), compared to 235 calories burned from just jogging.
So next time you go out jogging, why not carry a rubbish bag and collect some litter along the way? Your body and the environment will thank you.
Let’s go ____71___!
The latest popular sport!
Just need 72 and a pair of gloves!
Correctly classify and 73 the rubbish!
It’s simple but helpful to 74 and your body!
Make the world 75 and yourself a lot healthier!
Join us now! The world says THANK YOU!
话题环境保护 、 体育健身词数184【主旨大意】
71.plogging/doing clean exercise 72. a rubbish bag
73. deal with 74. the environment
75. greener/more beautiful
Rules for the Examination
☆ You must be at the exam room ten minutes before. If you are more than ten minutes late, you are not allowed to enter.
☆ You must show your student ID and exam number before you enter the room.
☆ Depending on which exam you are taking, you may bring certain things into the center. You
can use calculators (计算器) in the math exam, and some subjects may allow you to use
dictionaries. But ipads, head sets, and cell phones are not allowed in the exam room.
☆ You must sit at the desk with your exam number on it. And keep the number at the top
comer of your desk.
☆ You must keep silent during the exam. And don’t disturb other people when testing.
☆ If you need a drink or to go to the restroom, you should raise your hand and ask for the
teacher’s permission. You may not talk with anyone during the break.
☆ You must write your answers on the official answer paper.
☆ You may leave the exam room at any time it you do not plan to return.
☆ You will be warned fifteen minutes, five minutes and one minute before the end of the
☆ When the time is up, you must stop writing and leave the room soon.阅读以上内容，井完成下面摘要。每空限填一词。
The list is about the 46 for an examination. Students must 47 their student ID and exams numbers before entering the exam room. Only certain things such as calculators and 48 are answered in the exam. They must 49 their hands for water or to go to the restroom. Students will be warned 50 .
46. rules 47. show 48. dictionaries 49. raise 50. three/3
As we are growing up，we really need advice from adults. Here are three people talking about their experiences.
Jasper, 26, actor
You’re not alone.
Sometimes when you’re a teenager, you feel as if you’re all alone and there’s 75 you can talk to. Do you know twenty to thirty percent of teenagers in the US have a hard 76 going through the period? They feel lonely and sad. I think life is so much easier if you 77 your troubles with others. I regret that I didn’t take the advice when someone gave it to me.
Steve, 27, teacher
Your teachers only want what’s best for you.
When I was in school，I never thought I’d become a teacher. I acted badly in class，and I feel 78 about that now. I love my job and I know how challenging it is，so I hope kids can show their teachers more respect（尊重）. I hope kids can 79 that teachers push them to do their best and not just to give them a hard time.
Anna, 29, doctor
Money doesn’t grow on trees.
When I was teenager，I never learned 80 to save money. I just spent it！My parents gave me everything I wanted. But I realize now they spent little 81 themselves. Now I wish I knew more about planning my money，and I am not the only one! It seems that today’s teenagers know about money planning even less 82 me years ago. I do wish they could learn about it earlier.
75. nobody 由前面的“你感到好像总是独自一人”可知这里为“没有人能和你说话”，表示“没有人”用nobody。
76. time 根据下一句“他们感到孤单和难过”，可以推断该句应为“你知道在美国百分之三四十的青少年度过这段时间有困难”，have a hard time是固定搭配，意为“过得艰难”。
77. share 根据下一句“遗憾的是当有人给我提出建议时我没有采纳”可以判断该句为“如果你与他人分享你的困难，我想生活就容易的多”，表示“分享”用share。
78. sorry 根据上句“在课堂上我表现很差”可以推断该句为“现在我对此感到对不起”，故用feel sorry。
79. understand 由该句宾语“老师对他们施加压力是为了尽最大的努力，并不只是使他们过得艰难”可推断这里为“我希望孩子
80. how 浏览该段文字不难看出该段是关于钱的问题，有后面的I just spent it！可推知该句应为“当我是青少年时，我根本没有学会怎样节约钱”，故填how。
81. on spend … on是固定搭配，表示“在某方面花费金钱”，故填on。
82. than less是little的比较级，表示两者之间进行比较，其后用连词than连接所比较的人或事物。
莲山 课件 w w
w.5 Y k J.COm